Change in Company’s Registered Office
Section 12 of the Companies Act 0f 2013 mandates all companies or LLPs to have a registered office at the time of or within 30 days of incorporation. The registered office address of a company or LLP is the principal place of business and all official correspondence from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) is sent to the mentioned address only. Therefore, any change of address to the registered office should be intimated to the RoC or MCA.
A company can have other offices such as an administrative office, a corporate office, a branch office, and so on. However, only the registered office address should be notified to the MCA. No intimation to the RoC or MCA is required regarding the establishment or change of address of other offices belonging to the company.
Document Required for changing Registered Office Address
- List of company directors.
- List of company shareholders.
- List of creditors duly certified by the auditors of the company.
- Copy of public notice published
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation, MoA, and AoA;
- Latest audited financial statements of the company,
- Rent agreement in the name of the company under the new address;
- Utility bill (not older than two months) as proof of premises and a NOC certificate (NOC) from the owner of the premises.