Nidhi Company Registration
It is a company classified as an NBFC (a Non-banking financing company) and registered under Section 406 of Companies Act, 2013. The main business of such a company is to facilitate lending money between the core members of the company. This way members (or shareholders) are encouraged to save money and invest them within the company. These deposits are then used by the company for its members (or shareholders), to provide loans or advances, and to acquire government-issued stocks/bonds/debentures/securities. It is regulated by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, while the RBI monitors all its financial dealings.
Documents Required for Nidhi Company Registration
To Be Submitted By All Directors
- Self-attested copy of PAN Card
- Self-attested copy of Driver’s License/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar Card/Passport
- Self-attested copy of Bank Statement/ Telephone Bill/Mobile Bill/ Electricity Bill
- Passport-size Photograph
- Specimen Signature Certificate
Checklist For A Nidhi Company
- At least seven members are mandatory to form a Nidhi company. Out of these, three should be designated as the directors. However, it should acquire a minimum of 200 members within one year of commencement.
- Moreover, the company should have a minimum equity share capital of Rs 5 lakhs, for registering as a Nidhi Company. This entire amount has to be paid up. However, the Net Owned Funds (NOF) must be increased to Rs 10 lakhs within a year of registration.
- a.At least 10% of its outstanding deposits should comprise of un-encumbered term deposits.
- b.The prescribed NOF to deposits ratio should be 1:20.
This includes equity share capital and free reserves and excludes accumulated losses as well as intangible assets.
- At least 10% of its outstanding deposits should comprise of un-encumbered term deposits
- The prescribed NOF to deposits ratio should be 1:20. where 10% of the total deposits are in a fixed deposit account of a nationalized bank.