Small scale businesses play a vital role in improving the economy of any country. To encourage new and existing business, the government of India has launched many schemes to help small and medium scale businesses to sustain and grow. To avail all these beneficial schemes, you need to get your MSME registration done. MSME registration is also known as Udyog Aadhaar or SSI registration.
Types of MSME Registrations
Provisional MSME Registration
This is given for entities which are yet to begin functioning. With provisional registration the MSME can:
- Obtain facilities for accommodation, land, etc.
- Obtain important approvals and NOCs
- Obtain clearances from regulatory bodies such as pollution control board and labour regulations
- Obtain term loans and working capital from financial institutions and banks under priority sector lending.
A PRC (provisional registration certificate) is allotted to new enterprises without any field enquiry and is valid for 5 years.
Permanent MSME Registration
It is given to industrial units that are already functioning. All the benefits available to MSMEs can be availed by them.
The following conditions have to be met for getting a permanent registration:
- The unit has obtained statutory and administrative clearances as required
- The unit does not violate any regulation or restriction
- The value of plant and machinery in the unit does not exceed the prescribed limits
- There should be proof the enterprise is not owned, a subsidiary of or controlled by another industry.
Documents Required for SSI / MSME Registration
- Applicant’s Aadhaar card
- Applicant’s PAN
- Company PAN (not applicable in case of a proprietorship firm)