Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) combines the benefits of a partnership with that of a limited liability company. In India, it took shape after January 2009 and was an instant success with startups and professional services. The idea behind LLP was to provide a form of business that is easy to maintain and to help owners by providing them with limited liability.
Documents Required for LLP Registration
To register an LLP you need scanned copies of the following documents:
- PAN card or passport (foreign nationals or NRIs)
- Aadhar card/ voter’s ID/ passport/ driving license
- Latest bank statement/ telephone bill/ mobile bill/ electricity bill/ gas bill
- Passport-size photograph
- Blank document with specimen signature.
Note: One partner must self-attest the first three documents. In the case of foreign nationals or NRIs, all the documents must be notarized (if currently in India or a non-commonwealth country) or apostilled (if from a commonwealth country).
For the registered office:
- Utility bills
- Notarized rental agreement in English
- No-objection certificate from the property owner
- Sale deed/property deed in English (in case of owned property).